Thursday, March 7, 2013

Day 8--I've become a cliche

Today I ran into a school building in the middle of the day to pick up our sick child. I did so "type cast" as an overwhelmed, last one on the list, stay at home mom. My hair, pulled back in a ponytail, was all messy and "nest-like" on the top as it had been under a hat for the colder part of the morning. Still donned in black yoga pants, which draped over my holey gym shoes. On top, a white zipped up Fleece to protect from the chill in the air and a lovely coffee stain straight down the front as a result of attempting to load up the recycling in the back of the car while holding the mug with a "dishwasher damaged" ill fitting top in my hand at the same time. It allowed me to lift the hatch and pour coffee all over me---as if intentional. A thing of beauty. I was a walking cliche of defeat. Defeat who refused to be defeated. Tomorrow is a do-over, if I so choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment