Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Day 13--swf seeks rock band

Our daughter loves to sing. Loves. To. Sing. She is often making up her own lyrics and finding ways to rhyme anything and everything.  Also picking up on various rhythms from other artists like Adele, or Ke$ha as she improvises.

Take Ke$ha's song that begins, "woke up in the morning feeling like P-Diddy..."

She will take that and run with it. And the other day she did...

"Woke up in the morning and I had no hair,
Thought about my mutha but she wasn't there,
Went to the bathroom and grabbed my brush
Signing to myself, 'I can't see no frush.'"

And on...and on...

What made this particular day unique however, was when her 9 yr old brother politely suggested that she might want to "hold off" singing until she has a band.

When she looked at him confused as to why that would be important, he replied, "I just think you might be embarrassed without some music in the background. You are not that good yet."

All hugging each other and thanking him for his honesty and constructive criticism---was so not the rest of the drive home.

No comments:

Post a Comment