Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Day 14---I have to poop

Never have I had to say so much, to many, many times.
It did not occur to me when I started to "glow" and get excited about becoming a family, that this little bundle of mutual love and genetics would, if I really really love it, preoccupy my time in such copious amounts that when I say to them at age 5, 7, and 9, "Just a minute" those words bounce off their head without a single interruption of their thought.

For example...Door swings open....

"Mom, he was hitting me and I was trying to---"

"Can this wait till I'm finished?"

"--stop him, by putting my hand out--"

"Can you give me a minute, and then we'll all talk about it?"

"--towards his nose, and I didn't mean to make it bleed---"

Enter crying wailing child with bloody nose.

"She hit my nose...(loud shriek at the sight of blood)...she hit it on purpose."

I wadded up a huge ball of toilet paper. "Take this," I said pressing it on his face. "Now you guys need to give me a minute."

"But..."

"Please!"

"But..."

"I HAVE TO POOP! GET OUT!"

And they walked away giggling---best of friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment