Friday, November 15, 2013

Yer a Nus...

Last night, before you got upstairs to tuck the kids into bed, this happened...

"THAT IS SO INAPPROPRIATE!" Came the shrill reprimand of our 8yr old, scolding our six year old for something...anything.

"Bring it down a level. What is going on?" I said as I entered the room with stacks of folded laundry for each kid to put away in the morning (which is code for never).

"He keeps saying 'anus'!" Our 8yr old explained, disgusted while pointing her finger in outrage at the tiny culprit standing on his bed in his Star Wars Lego briefs.

I can only guess that given the level of outrage, and the tiny six year old's fingers firmly grasping the band of said Lego briefs, that he had been providing physical evidence to accompany the word.

Now, I would like to think that it was the late hour at the end of a long day that provoked the following, but it may have just been that I needed a timeout...or that we were out of wine...

In a loud and clear voice I began my finest speech to date as a mother...

"STOP SAYING ANUS! I'm tired of hearing 'I see your ANUS!' "That's his ANUS!' 'She's showing her ANUS!' 'What if you could see his ANUS?' ANUS ANUS ANUS ANUS!"

This worked marvelously as everybody started giggling at the crazy woman yelling "anus" in the doorway.

The six year old said, "But it's a planet." Trying to find a legal loophole.

I explained that the planet is "Uranus." Pronounced "Yeranus."

To which he replied, "Yer A Nus."  And giggled.


I think that's when you came up...





No comments:

Post a Comment