Friday, November 8, 2013

Sea Monkeys Do...Sea Monkeys...

Because you are allergic to cats, and we have a dog, and all our daughter wanted for her birthday was a live pet---preferably a cat, I made the executive decision (because in my microcosm of a world I am a CEO and COO and sometimes a CFO) that we should all live out our childhood dreams and get Sea Monkeys! Yes, the bizarre little creatures that used to be on the back of comic books that took 6-8 weeks to arrive! Now with Amazon they are here in a matter of days---look how far we've come.

SO...the Sea Monkeys were a hit.  They even made it to school for Show and Tell in their earliest days of "hatchery."  However, had we waited a few more weeks, we could have had an entirely different Show and Tell.

Take for instance the other morning...

"Mom! The Sea Monkeys are fighting!"

"Hmmm...I don't think they are fighting..."

"But they are hooked on each other!"

"Yup."  And at this time, I want to be more mature, but I...we gotta get breakfast and...well...Sea Monkey Sex Talk just is not on the menu this morning.

"But they are attached?!"

"I think they might be trying to have a baby."

"Oh you and daddy don't do that anymore..."

I started to get defensive...and was about to say, "well not as much as we..."

..."because you don't want any more babies..."

"Yes," I said thankful for the pause for reflection, "that is true."



No comments:

Post a Comment