Thursday, November 21, 2013

Patience, young Jedi...

Humbled once again. Just when I throw my hands up, stomp my feet, and wish for a magic wand to solve all...the answer appears. I just needed to be patient. Time is an amazing thing, and if we can slow ourselves down long enough to move at "time's" pace, it will all be fine.

As documented in the previous "blog" I, was feeling particularly defeated by the sport of wrestling and our sons.  Apparently, it takes all of us getting to that special level of frustration, mixed with undocumented hours of practice to generate one of the biggest "highs" in wrestling history (of our family) ever.

As the practice started, just like last weeks and the weeks before, the boys encircled their "head coach" looking clueless and defeated.  The "head coach" (aka...you) said, in a loving, gentle and compassionate tone, "Get outta here! Go find someone to wrestle. I can't deal with this every time."

And minutes later, begat unto us, were two wrestlers. They were not only trying, but mauling, in fierce frustration, and succeeding with great glee!

While typing this, it feels very contradictory to their natural demeanor to applaud and celebrate such aggression, BUT this is not a celebration of "attacking" it is a celebration of determination, and perseverance. And the smile on their faces, after succeeding was priceless.  Not only did they prove they could do it, but they proved to themselves that they really DO get less hurt if they try...which is incentive enough all on its own.

I have to admit, for the first time. Ever. I am actually looking forward to Saturday's tournament.

I may bring a sedative or something just in case though...

Proud of our boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment