Friday, November 1, 2013

Documenting for a future defense

I approached our daughter today, not unlike one approaching a grenade with no knowledge as to the status of the pin. She seemed happy. She was laying on our bed playing with the iPad.
"Hey Sweetie."
"Hi Mom," she said without looking up. So I cautiously continued...
"I was thinking we could take a look at your wardrobe and see what you might need. New pants, leggings, tights, skirts?"
"MOOOOM!" she dramatically flipped on to her back, relinquishing the iPad, "Why must you terrorize my life!"

Really? Really?! I looked at her for a brief moment while my brain began "googling" ways to survive the next 10 years.

"So....'No thanks' ?" I responded.

She giggled and went back to the iPad.

It's 3pm. I'm drinking and looking for her birth certificate. I could swear she was born in 2005, but that would only make her 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment