Sunday, June 9, 2013

Know what you want

As we travel down that endless highway, we do stop from time to time at the occasional Burger King, Hardee's, Taco Bell, Wendy's, Carl's Jr, Subway, and other fine establishments of health. Due to the frequency in which we visit said places one would assume that everyone would have their order in mind when pulling in the drive-thru. After all, there are only so many options. And we've been coming here at least once a day for the PAST 17 DAYS!!!!! So when our children could not make up their mind, and the rain was pouring in through the window onto my lap, I made choices for them. These choices then resulted in disappointment and pouting, which trickled down into a loud lecture on how there is no reason they should not know what they want to eat.

Fast Forward to lunch the following day...we made an announcement so as not to catch them off guard.
"Guys, we are turning into Wendy's right now. Burgers and chicken...think about what you want."

I pulled up to the little box, rolled down my window and our youngest called out, "I would like fries and a glass of wine!"

Shoot me.

No comments:

Post a Comment