Saturday, August 31, 2013

Days of the week...

I wanted to let you know, that I went and got the kids a few "essentials" for back to school.  Namely, underwear and socks.  Found a bunch of really cute and affordable pairs for both the boys and our daughter. I got her an entire set of "days of the week" socks. Each cute, colorful sock says Monday, or Tuesday, or ...you get the picture.  I felt really good about this until 15 minutes after we got home when my brain turned back on and I realized I had just set the stage for a school morning nightmare.

"MOM!!!!! Where are my TUESDAY socks?"
"Dunno. Probably in the wash. Wear a different pair."
"BUT TODAY IS TUESDAY!!!

Sarcastically, I will want to yell up, "You're goddamn right it is. But in our hearts it feels like Saturday. But on the f'n Saturday socks."

Instead, it will just be the image of a broken woman, me, hitting her head against the wall, saying "Stupid, stupid, stupid."  Cuz, I did this. All by myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment