Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Day 37---"Mom has never been THIS confused"

"Mom has never been THIS confused," said my son as I pulled on the school doors...again.  My face was still scrunched and perplexed as I pressed my nose against the window to confirm that the dark school really was closed.
"Huh?" I said looking around at the empty street.
"Can we wait in the car?" Our shivering children asked holding their coats in the wind.
"Sure," I answered slowly looking around.  "Is it really closed?" I said out loud to myself.
I looked on my phone for school closures. On the site I chose, it had no information. I looked around... again. Peered in the window... again.

And then a horrible thought crossed my mind.  I started searching my phone for news.  Did N. Korea flip out?  Is this a nationwide lockdown?!

I couldn't find any info, so I called our friend who's child was next in line to be picked up for the other school, in a different district.

"Hey!"
"Hi!"
"So...."
"All the schools are closed."
"Seriously?!"
"Yea," she started laughing.
"Yea, I'm at one..."
"Oh, no!"  Laughing harder...
"What's going on?"
"Snow day."
"SHUT UP."
"Yup."
"It's a WIND DAY. Not a SNOW DAY."
"There's supposed to be snow coming.  And I guess they are worried about black ice."
"Ummm...the roads are fine."
"That's too funny."
"Okay then. Well, happy snow day. This is crazy."

I hung up the phone. Instantly, the kids asked if they could have friends over or go to a friend's house.

I paused, and then said, "No.  Apparently we are having a big storm, so everyone is staying home. No one wants to get caught out in the storm."

It's almost noon, and there is still no snow.

I want to be a weatherman.  The only job where you can consistently give misinformation and not get fired.  I'm rooting for you though, weather people, and I'm determined not to leave the house...just in case it snows.

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

So instead of school I'm trying to get Spotwise, who is getting into "treats" out of my "office."


No comments:

Post a Comment