Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Day 3

I'm totally not gonna get soup tonight. I really really wanted some. But apparently when one decides to go to the grocery store in a fog after swim lessons, it's best to have your wallet with you. Shame on me.  So, refusing to be defeated I made a suggestion: ultra nutrious drozen or frozen (f'n autocorrect) pizza for the kids, and for us: Chinese delivery--you can get whatever you want, I just want soup. But it is 8:15 and this town closes at 9 and wrestling practice has started in the kids' room between all three male occupants and if someone "looks into the half" one more time we may never eat. I really want the boys to feel confident at the State Tournament this weekend, so I will not allow myself to break it up. I just wish there was maybe a soup fairy--our tooth fairy's far more punctual, "type A" sister or brother, perhaps.
My "soup fairy" just came downstairs, sighed and punctuated the sigh with profanity. The little Seinfeld Soup Nazi just sang out in my head.
But wait, through what yonder light does this fairy appear with the ancient papyrus of choice? We have but a wee few minutes to decide!!!! SOUP! I shall have soup. 

No comments:

Post a Comment